Pilates is a system of exercises designed to improve physical strength, flexibility, mobility, posture while enhancing physical and mental awareness. Clinical Pilates was developed by chartered physiotherapists who linked relevant physiotherapy research into physical movements, creating a structured step-by-step method for the rehabilitation of injuries.
Pilates is suitable for any age group and level of fitness and we provide classes from beginners to advanced with specialised classes for Low back pain, Pre & post pregnancy, Bone health, Mum & baby and Sports.
Some benefits of Pilates include:
- improved physical coordination and balance
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle problems
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- improved concentration